Mexico City; Spanish, Spicy, Salsa

I arrived in Mexico City Sept 18th. I started off at Casa Pepe which is a boutique hostel and virtually identical to Selina that is a 2 blocks away. Made some friends, had some fun night outs but then went to an Airbnb (owned by Sonders) in Roma (Av. Insurgentes Sur 464). Solid apt for 80 Canadian a night, very clean, great roof top with gym and the area is fantastic. 

Roma, Condesa and Polanco seem to be well established nice areas in Mexico City. However, locals tell me there is clear gentrification and therefore it becomes increasingly harder for local Mexicans to afford places in these great areas, and therefore largely gets filled up with tourists (as things are cheaper than back home)

I went to a Salsa class via airbnb experiences, although I largely could have just showed up, this was a great night, it was Cuban style. The night started with a women on stage (with a massive butt), calling out things and everyone followed along - line dancing style.

Then learners went upstairs and we were given lessons (guys on one side and girls on the other). 
Below was taken when it started, there were about 50 people participating.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Yfx9nveVq76pxX3GsvZ87FJQVu4iUd72
After above Salsa class I joined a studio the next day at Academia de baile ARIA. Small studio but so far some great lessons, I did not realize there is a lot to learn.

The food has been great, although I am constantly tempted but kick ass street Tacos, Roma and Condensa have sufficient healthy restaurants. Below is my chia seed pudding bowl.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1AXEWClC6ExPrwFyw-mjGJodawAVsJnCh


So I've now arrived at my new Hotel as part of my 1 week Spanish program with Fluenz. Probably the most I will spend on a Spanish course but I gotta see if the hype is real. However, in addition to a nice hotel, we have a chef here apparently, we will eat at Pujol (top restaurant in Mexico City), as well a number of other fancy things.

The places is decked out with cool art, a beautiful garden and cool study spots around. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1hxGcplEa82bnHFLz39EHhFMYeswzdY2zhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=12cPE4-v04MDxMUGbjn5rH6PzrYThp4grhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1oG4xEEf47mutpCyJzcdPKZqifcvaymjF

I think we have 6 others students so will be very excited to see how things play out!

Comments

  1. Great entry. Mexico city sounds very interesting/exciting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

End of June 2023: Las Vegas and Merdia Mexico!

Mitad del mundo and historical center quito.

Unbound Merino :O