Life in Mexico City

Long time no post :P

So I've been living in Roma Norte in Mexico City, a tiny airbnb but everything I need works out to 60 Canadian per day. I've been taking Spanish classes at Spanish Students society. It's been pretty good, I definitely miss the very clearly defined structure of each class of Fluenz. They did offer us a "deal" which is essentially locking the price for future events. 

I've also continued with salsa classes which are pretty fun and also Bachata classes (sessions are usually at a bar around 9 pm). In regards to Bachata classes, after each group learns their routines there is a mini performance after :P


Some things I like in Mexico city:
Lots of variety with different areas
Super easy to get solid street tacos
really cool restaurants
quite a lot of activities going on at all times as its a big city!

Some things I'm not a fan of
Very common for Mariachi type bands (2 or 3 people)to start playing REALLY freakin loud music when you're at a restaurant that's outside, it's just kinda accepted.. I put earphones in to prevent them from thinking I enjoyed any part of this
I feel I'm surrounded by carbs, so does take an effort to eat healthy
Because I'm white, people will often speak to me in their broken English at restaurants despite it being very clear my Spanish is now miles ahead of their English - I believe they are trying practice their English and or be courteous, I just ask if they can speak to me in Spanish cause I need to practice.

I'm probably gonna stay here for another two weeks and then likely Colombia, but I do feel obligated to travel to some of the small towns outside the city.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1gWoaTsBRVPxXDIlcFu38QbFJLDVPvcz3



Comments

  1. Where's the picture/video of your performance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne and I miss you Phil. We had such a wonderful time at Christopher’s wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

End of June 2023: Las Vegas and Merdia Mexico!

Mitad del mundo and historical center quito.

Unbound Merino :O