6 weeks Mandarin done, going strong!

 So although things about my life may seem monotonous, I am really starting to break through with Mandarin. It's been very interesting seeing some people who I had seen on week one, where I could hardly talk, and now being able to have conversations. My reading is still lagging a bit behind but I feel with a relatively large vocab, reviewing characters is making a lot of sense. I still spend a large portion of the day reviewing new vocab, grammar, and then going to a language exchange in the evening about 3-4 days per week.

I did also see a baseball game in Taiwan (our team the Monkeys won). They have a very interesting cheerleading squad that does dances that lots of the audience knows. 

I have also continued along with my pinpong, my coach set me up to play a 10 yo girl... who actually beat me! I feel really good about the classes because I'm learning how to return all sorts of spins that I never really paid attention to.

Finally, I saw some standup comedy the other day... it was free as it was open mic, it was fun but largely painful as expected.

Below is what one of the language groups look like. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of June 2023: Las Vegas and Merdia Mexico!

Mitad del mundo and historical center quito.

Unbound Merino :O