Finished a week - still alive

It's been a pretty intense week training usually 2 times a day. I've 100% kept up with the diet  that I've been assigned to me which is about 1800 calories per day which includes a protein with all meals 2 protein shakes per day and I seem to be quite full with it. I've also done a Muay Thai class which was really fun and I plan to do more.

Interestingly, I've pushed through DOMS (delayed onset muscle) and the soreness has just gone away, something in the past I would never do.

I've also been doing ice baths every 2 days, they are really tough, but seem to enhance recovery, there are also interesting people there.

It's definitely an interesting crowd here, lots of personal trainers come her to relax... and workout! There is then the people who run retreats here or elsewhere (similar to cult leaders), and then people who just come here to workout. Pretty much everyone has tattoos, and REALLY big ones, others with a bunch of little ones - words like "courage", "Bravery", or "not one more time". 

Although the retreat has made things quite easy, everything is outsourced and pretty easy to find a place here, sign up to a gym and do it pretty much all yourself. Some of the customers are a bit bitter about it but personally it has made things really easy for me.

Sunday is "cheat day". Other than a like swim, I did no exercise and had an amazing smoothie bowl and did a thai cooking class where we made Tom Yom Soup, Massaman Curry, and Banana Flambe (using Pandan leaf). We did end up playing some pool Saturday with locals and it got pretty intense.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of June 2023: Las Vegas and Merdia Mexico!

Mitad del mundo and historical center quito.

Unbound Merino :O