Phuket fitness retreat updates - hump day

So far so good! Although I've never really worked out after feeling sore, I have been pushing the boundaries a bit and doing just fine. Days consist of 2 work out a day, a swim (light exercise), at least one Thai massage (often two), +/- ice bath, 2 smoothies with 3 meals (everything pretty healthy). The massages are about 10 Canadian, and have been amazing, often better than RMT massages I would get back home for a LOT more. They really work on muscle groups that they feel are very tense and I feel SO much better after.

The training is generally cross fit type training and I really feel i am getting a full body workout. The other day we had a 7:30 am walk/run uphill to the big Budha, I was a bit sore and ran about only 40% of the way getting 39 minutes. This actually beat the majority of people, little do they know I will destroy this time next week 👿

I am really trying to balance training hard with not overdoing it, I feel good surviving 3 days unscathed. I also have become an ice bath person. I generally would last 5 seconds, now up to 1.5 minutes and feel much more relaxed doing it. The diet they give me is very reasonable to follow, I have almost completely curb sided my late night snacking as I was in the habit of dinner one at 6:30 pm and dinner two at 9:30 to 10 pm.

In between classes, eating, and massages, I continue to study Japanese, increasing vocab, learning how to say things like "I can do, I should do, I may do, I must do, HOW to do" it definitely is a different but still efficient way of speaking.

I actually have a Spanish lesson tonight... and I'm a little nervous.

It is a very interesting crowd in Phuket, lots of people I've met run retreats elsewhere, many are heard to make big changes in there life - to have a full detox which I think is awesome, other are here to just work on Muay Thai.

Finally, I am also excited to be giving an English lesson to about 8 Thai employees at the restaurant Pure Prep, the idea came from the excessive confusion with their bad English... my 8 months of teaching English in Japan 15 years ago actually feels useful.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of June 2023: Las Vegas and Merdia Mexico!

Mitad del mundo and historical center quito.

Unbound Merino :O