Sri Lanka, Colombo then Weligama

 So I landed in Sri Lanka Feb 3rd. Leaving the airport was pretty awful with everyone trying to take you places. "where you from, where you go?" and at times wouldn't take no for an answer. They even had guys with uber shirts on offering to take you places which doesn't make sense. 

I checked into my airbnb which was super nice and clean. I didn't feel there was much to do in Colombo (although it was during the country's independence day celebrations). Tuktuk drivers roam the streets and constantly ask you for rides and sometimes will you follow you a little. The rare times I took them they constantly would ask me about jobs in Canada and to get my number etc. They are in an economic crisis, everything is expensive especially for locals. 


I ate at famous Ministry of Crab, also tried Upali's, both were pretty solid. After 2 days in Colombo, I decided to pack my bags and head to Waligama for surf camp! Kimasurf is what I signed up for in Bali and they have another school in Sri Lanka. It was ~2.5 hours form Colombo by car.

The school is a amazing, breakfast and dinner included (amazing food), surfing twice a day, two Yoga sessions daily, a Spa, daily volleyball games and really cool people. Most people are from Europe and specifically Germany, however everyone speaks English unless they are speaking German with each other.

I'm getting ready for my fitness camp in Thailand (I just noticed I do a lot of camps... I'm quite the camper). I met with my trainer, it seems it will be a very busy 2 weeks but I'm really excited. They will also be giving me all the food so no cheating (except Sunday :P

In terms of surfing, I've been trying to use a shorter board, and although I can stand up, still struggling and therefore will stay at the beginner boards for now.


Ministry of crab below

Upali's (traditional Sri lankan food).

Below is one of the instructors giving a lesson on surf etiquette, this is included and occur through the week, the are great.


This was a solid lunch.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of June 2023: Las Vegas and Merdia Mexico!

Mitad del mundo and historical center quito.

Unbound Merino :O