Bali - Ubud

 After finishing up surf camp at Kima Surf in Canggu, I made my way to Ubud. Ubud is kinda in the center of things, it is very hippie, lots of Yoga centres, healing "stuff" and lots of vegan/healthy restaurants which I LOVE!

I bought some passes to the Yoga barn which is the OG of Yoga, it is massive and people inside... have interesting tattoos, piercing, man buns, and a dress a very zen way. I definitely feel like an imposter but trying to get down with the scene.

I did manage to eat at Room4Dessert, I made a lil vid https://www.instagram.com/p/C4h1DiJyqx0/. On the left is the cocktail list, two drinks Veronica Corningstone and Linda Jackson are call backs to Anchorman 1 and 2, both some of my fav movies!

On the left is my first Yoga Class, the guy in the front reminds me everything you would imagine a huge hippie Yoga instructor would be like. His eyes were closed before class started, reaching up at the ceiling. 


I also went to the famous monkey forrest, crazy statues and SO MANY monkeys.


Bottom left is Herbal Library, one of my fav restaurants, everything is healthy but delicious.

I went to Merlin's with some ex-surfer camp friends Pia and Max. It was wizard themed but the food was FANTASTIC! After we saw a Balinese dance at Ubud palace, some cool costumes and dances.


I did Paon's cooking class, it's been around for a while, we made a bunch of amazing classic dishes, the bottom right is fried Banana's with coconut milk and palm sugar... palm sugar is amazing and makes anything taste good.



Now... the first person to comment on this post will get mailed chocolates - special Bali chocolates. All you have to do is comment, then send me a message with you address!


Comments

  1. Phil,

    That sounds delicious. Wish I was there with you. Looking forward to my balianese chocolates.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

End of June 2023: Las Vegas and Merdia Mexico!

Mitad del mundo and historical center quito.

Unbound Merino :O