Summary of Kima Surf school in Sri lanka, on to Bangkok then Phuket.

 To recap, I had initially planned to stay a week in Colombo, I am so glad I decided to jump ship and head 2 hours south to Kima Surf camp in Weligama. It was a little paradise with twice a day surfing, several yoga sessions per day, amazing food, very clean sleeping quarters, and great people.

Although a bit pricy, I do feel it attracts a certain type of person, lots of professionals and it felt like half of the people there were reading some sort of self improvement book. Apparently the owner is German and this might have to do with the large European presence especially Germans. I have always noted a bit of a difference in sense of humour compared to North Americas, but a friendly bunch none the less!

The surfing for me was fun, I think I thought I knew more than I did, but on the last day (I was there for 4 days), went over things more clearly in detail. Everyone struggles with rib pain, and surprisingly no one does much about it - except for this guy https://surfribby.com. I do think it would be an interesting business to try and distribute this to surf towns! 

I'm currently in Bangkok, here a day and will leave to Phuket tomorrow for my fitness camp of two weeks with https://befitreat.com/. There is a whatsapp group and it seems like a solid group of people.

It has been interesting to come back to Bangkok over such a long period. I first visited Thailand when I around 2007! I remember the airport being a hot mess, everyone trying to rip you off, sell you overpriced hotels (for Thailand). I was back again in 2008 (during my stint at teaching English in Japan). I recall constant harassment from kids trying to sell random items, Tuktuk drivers following me around to sell there sexy massages.

Now, the airport was calm, there was a line of taxi's waiting to take people to their destinations. Marijuana has become legal in Thailand June 2022, and weed shops are EVERYWHERE. 

On the left, this sign reads - we get drunk, we smoke weed, having fun :P.  The right is... a weed store.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of June 2023: Las Vegas and Merdia Mexico!

Mitad del mundo and historical center quito.

Unbound Merino :O