1 Month down, started A2 shortly

 Long time no post. I have busy studying lots of Mandarin. I feel I have almost passed the rough patch of language learning. 


I am now mostly familiar with making most sounds (some still give me some difficulties but I know what I need to work on). My vocab is probably in the 700 word range. I am familiar with lots of basic grammar (but needed to speak it more).

As some teachers are away, I did have two group classes this week, it surely reminded me to continue with private as I can go at a much faster pace. I continue workout quite regularly and also did sign up for Ping-Pong lessons - first one was today and it was fantastic. I definitely need to work on getting rid of some bad habits but the rally with the couch was another level, who knew a few tips could do so much! Although, I when I scoped out the club, I had a rally with a 67 yo female who had a serve I just couldn't return. 

Learning Mandarin has had its challenges. To name a few:

Taiwan Mandarin isn't the same as China (generally the same, but little things)

Reading is very tough, especially trying to keep this up, the traditional characters are VERY

there are lots of resources, in a way, too many!

Language exchanges are good, but at a low level, no one can really explain grammar, so I'm trying to advance as quickly as possible.


Below pics are a bit all over the place, I did meet up with Pedro (a friends brother) and his American and Canadian friends living in Taiwan. Lots of random pics from my phone, as you can see, studying a language is NOT a linear process.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of June 2023: Las Vegas and Merdia Mexico!

Mitad del mundo and historical center quito.

Unbound Merino :O