Day 1 of fitness retreat.. Fitness Street, Phuket.

So I've arrived at Phuket, hotel is Cocoville which is about an hour from the airport. It is connected to a street known as Soi Taied, Fitness Street, Muay Thai street and even Phuket Health Street. It is full of gyms and Muay Thai gyms and essentially a strip of pure fitness. Almost every restaurant will sell protein shakes, lots of keto places, and all kinds of supplements are sold.

The way it works is there is a large schedule of fitness classes including Cross fit, Yoga, mobility, Core, buttocks, etc throughout the day I can go to. This is also the same for Muay Thai and Boxing classes. I will have two personal training session per week as well with my trainer. 

I get all my food at a place called Pure Prep, I am on a high protein low carb diet and essentially eat all my meals there. Ideally I am not consuming anything out of the diet given to me. So far it's been good, but it is still tough because there are lots of cool restaurants to try - protein ice cream :)

Included in the package is also a Thai massage, 2 private Muay Thai sessions and an excursion (I will be doing the Thai Cooking Class!).


The group is pretty solid, most people are late 30s to... maybe mid 50s but in the classes age range is a bit wider. 

I did two classes today, one was a HIIT class, the other was upper body. I have actually never done 2 classes in a day, after the first one I was done... I got my Thai massage, she used the Tiger balm on my back and I bounced back to life.

Then a few of us got a foot massage in the evening (it is about 10 Canadian bucks for an hour). I am still studying Japanese in between gym (for those that have asked).

Pics aren't the best this time, I am indeed into video editing this days and gonna make a juicy one for this.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of June 2023: Las Vegas and Merdia Mexico!

Mitad del mundo and historical center quito.

Unbound Merino :O